We are a youth work organisation that has been recognised both nationally and locally for the impact that we make with the young people we work with.
What Do They Do?
Youth Moves deliver a range of services including:
- A youth participation programme called Youth Opinions, to ensure Youth Moves is youth-led and young people’s voice in decision-making is heard at all levels of our organisation.
- Individual one to one mentoring provision, through our Breakthrough Mentoring service.
- Youth club provision for young people aged 8-19 years old, giving them somewhere to go where they can learn new skills, meet new friends, learn about themselves and the world, and the chance to work with staff who will be there for them during their own personal journeys to adulthood.
- Services to support young who are struggling in education, or to help them re-engage with learning.
- Outreach programmes to engage with young people out on the streets and in the local parks .
- Activity based positive activity programmes including:
- Sports – we deliver football and other sports through our Street Games sessions
- Music – we have a full music recording studio and band practice space at The Park
- Arts (e.g. we have supported young people with graffiti and murals on community building around South Bristol),
- Environmental improvement projects – our Urban Escape programme operates from our roundhouse and outdoor learning space on our allotment site
- Holiday activity programmes
- Social action and volunteering projects to get young people actively involved in their local communities. This includes programmes like NCS (National Citizen Service), Within these programmes we look to support and develop leadership skills and qualities with young people.
We are based at The Park Centre in Knowle West in South Bristol, and have the responsibility of developing the youth and play offer at this amazing community venue.