The Prince's Trust
We support 13-30 year olds who are unemployed, and those struggling at school and at risk of exclusion
What Do They Do?
We help young people:
* Develop skills, prepare for work and improve their confidence through a structured 12-week personal development course, individually tailored development programmes and short engagement programmes
* Improve motivation and attendance at school through our network of xl clubs
* Work out whether self-employment is right for them by helping them test their business ideas, write plans and start their own businesses, or achieve other goals in education, training, volunteering or other work
* Overcome barriers and get their lives working with cash awards of between £50 and £500, and mentor support for those leaving care or prison
* Develop personal and social skills through residential schemes, group activities and tailored one-to-one support
* We run programmes that encourage young people to take responsibility for themselves – helping them build the life they choose rather than the one they’ve ended up with:
* The Enterprise programme provides money and support to help young people start up in business.
* The Team programme is a 12-week personal development course, offering work experience, qualifications, practical skills, community projects and a residential week.
* Get Started are short courses designed to help young people develop new skills, build confidence and have fun, helping them to move forwards in their lives.
* Get into are short courses offering intensive training and experience in a specific sector to help young people get a job.
* Development Awards are small grants to enable young people to access education, training or work.
* Prince's Trust xl clubs give 13-19 year olds who are at risk of truanting, exclusion and underachievement a say in their education. They aim to improve attendance, motivation and social skills.
* The Fairbridge programme works with young people aged 13-25, giving them the motivation, self-confidence and skills they need to change their lives.