Resource Media are looking for a news editor to manage the day-to-day output onto their website.
When can I apply?
What does it involve?
As news editor, you will be responsible for managing the day to day output on our website, http://resource.co/news ,commissioning content and managing editorial assistants, as well as writing and editing copy. In this varied role, you will also contribute to the production of our magazines, assisting the delivery of content to meet deadlines. We need someone who has not only excellent editorial and project management skills, but is also capable of actively managing our social media and contributing new ideas.
- Evaluate press releases and industry social media for current stories
- Commission in-house writers, freelancers and industry commentators
- Chasing and collating copy
- Regularly write copy to a high standard
- Sub-edit copy and optimise content to drive reader engagement
- Ensure online content is published to conform with SEO best practice
- Daily curation of social media channels
- Manage the day to day contribution of editorial assistants
- Prepare weekly newsletter and manage online distribution
- Assist in the flow of content through the production process
- Contribute ideas for new online content and in the magazines
- Keeping on top of key issues within the world of resource efficiency and environmental sustainability, e.g. innovations in recycling, government environment policy
An ideal candidate will have:
- At least 1 to 2 years experience in a publishing environment
- Great copywriting and editing skills
- Highly organised, with an ability of working to deadlines
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for communicating ideas
- Experience using a content management system
- Knowledge of InDesign (desirable)
- A genuine interest in environmental sustainability
How do I apply?
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter as well as any examples of your work to Resource Media, Create Centre, Smeaton Road, Bristol, BS1 6XN or email firstname.lastname@example.org