Technical Operations Apprentice
Assist with day to day support tasks and projects relating to the IT infrastructure, edit suites, shared storage and archive at Icon Films production company.
When can I apply?
What does it involve?
Icon Films is an independent production company with a range of in-house filming and edit facilities. The Technical Operations apprentice will assist with day to day support tasks and projects relating to the IT infrastructure, edit suites, shared storage and archive.
The Technical Operations Apprentice will work closely with both the IT and Post-Production teams.
The apprentice will assist the IT team in the following areas:
- Assisting with the technical support of all IT systems, servers, networks and hardware.
- Setting up desks, PCs and phones for new starters.
- Ensuring users have access to correct software and folders on the server.
- Understanding and implementing a backup and archive schedule.
- Researching and purchasing hardware, software and consumables.
- Liaising with external IT support company.
- Setting up AV kit, laptops, screenings and meeting room prep.
And assist the Post-Production team in the following areas:
- Setting up, maintaining and tidying edit suites and edit equipment.
- Providing tech support for Premiere and Avid edits.
- Organising, transcoding and archiving rushes.
- Managing the tape, drive and LTO libraries.
- Completing daily and weekly support tasks according to a schedule.
- Researching, testing and implementing new broadcast technology.
- Assisting production, development and commercial teams as and when required on shoots or in the edit.
How do I apply?
How to apply
Find more about the requirements, prospects and how to apply on the government website: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-154644